Friday, December 02, 2005

KATIE & AMBER

Katie and Amber have been best friends forever. They share lots of inside jokes. I've picked up on a few of them. My favorite one goes way back to when they were little girls. I think they got the idea for it from some kids' book or something Amber's Mom used to do with her. Once in a while they will do this routine. The dialogue is always different, but the theme is the same.

Amber will ask, "Katie, do you love me?"

And Katie will say, "Yes."

And Amber will ask, "Will you always love me, Katie?"

"Yes, Amber, I will always love you."

"What if something bad were to happen to me? Would you still love me then?"

"Like what, Amber?"

"What if I had stinky breath? Would you still love me?"

"Yes. I'd love you and give you a breath mint!"

"Well what if I became a clown and wore big shoes and had a big red nose?"

"Of course I'd love you, and I'd buy you a little car for you and your clown friends."

"What if I grew a second mouth - on my forehead? Would you love me then?"

"Yes Amber. I'd love you and listen to you twice as much!"

"But what if it were really bad? What if I grew warts all over my nose and a hunchback and breathed fire and grew really long black toenails that smelled like rotten peaches?"

"I'd still love you. And I'd I'd be your friend Amber! Because that's what friends are for!"

"I love you, too, Katie."

"I know you do, Amber."

1 comment:

daniel said...

bonjour d France . Daniel