Friday, December 02, 2005

BROKEN RECORD

OH THANK GOODNESS!! I thought I was going insane. I kept hearing this phrase repeating in my brain like Chinese water torture or Native American war drums, "Hannity & Colmes... Hannity & Colmes... HANNITY & COLMES!!!"

But I had no idea what this phrase meant or where my brain picked up this piece of mental belly button lint that just wouldn't seem to shake out of the dryer filter that is my brain. My best guess up until just a minute ago was that it must be some brand of shoes. That explanation seemed to fit the name, but it still didn't explain how the phrase turned into a skipping record on my mental turntable.

But then, while typing last night, I glanced up at the TV and noticed the show on FNC. You'll never guess which one it was... I feel so much better; now I can forget it. It all makes sense now. Whenever my brother is home, the TV stays on Fox News. He even has his satellite radio tuned to it. Duh! Of course it's a news show.

Does your brain ever get stuck in spin cycle, or am I alone on this one?

No comments: