Sunday, November 02, 2008

CANDY AND EXERCISE


halloween candy, originally uploaded by spundekas.

I spent $40 on candy at CVS Friday after school, thinking I'd have tons of kids stop by my house that night. At least a hundred kids did pass by walking from my neighborhood park's parking lot to trick-or-treat the main street business district about a block from my house. Despite all the traffic, only five little monsters knocked on my door. Who knew? And now what am I supposed to do with ALL THIS CANDY?! I don't give candy as as a classroom reward anymore, after I noticed the effects of the sugar as a variable in the classroom behavior equation. I had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. Help!

In spite of my lapsed judgment and recent candy consumption, I'm proud of myself so far this month. I vowed to stop moping around and get out and live a little. As part of that effort, I forced myself to walk the new bridge. Its walking path is 1 3/4 mile one-way and is always crowded with people trying to lose their post-Katrina depression weight. I'm already encouraged by the results of walking just a week. It's probably just a coincidence, but I'm down to 202 from 205. That's great news to me, since last Summer at Ben's graduation I was up to 220. Now if I can just stay at it and stay away from the chocolate.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You know what's really neat about blogger? We can find out who has interests the same. I clicked on Taylor Hicks in my profile and found someone who not only likes him but also Jesus! YAY!

Do well in your weight loss and walking endeavor!

**grabs a couple Twix bars and heads for the treadmill**

Joyfully Fit said...

Hey Patrick! It's Joy from Storehouse...a long time ago. How are you? Good job starting an exercise program. My advice would be to throw out the candy...if you can't find it, you can't eat it :)