Friday, February 16, 2007

VALENTINE'S DAY MAILBOX

This box belongs to Todd. He made it back in 4th grade. Can you believe he saved it all these years? I made a box that year, but I didn't keep it. I remember ripping it into a million pieces after school that day.

We had a class contest for best decorated Valentine mailbox. I worked so hard decorating mine, only to come in 2nd place to my friend Reagan. After the party, on the playground, Reagan confessed to me that her mom had made hers. I was so bummed out!

This year, on Valentine's day, I judged a school art contest. The experience made me recall that bad 4th grade memory. As I interviewed each kid, I made sure I asked all the contestants to describe exactly how they made their entries!

3 comments:

julie said...

i was just talking with my friend, julia, about valentine's day mailboxes the other day! that's so weird. my favorite was the one that actually looked like a mailbox.

it's things like this that make me wish i had gone into teaching... just so i could keep up the great traditions!

Patrick said...

Oh, boy! Those parties are the best! I love cupcakes! That's one tradition I hope never dies. That and candycorn. I hope there's candycorn in Heaven :0)

julie said...

i'm certain there will be candy corn in heaven. quite certain.