Saturday, December 17, 2005

SNOW DAY

After a nice breakfast, Dan and David and I went for a walk through the forest and fields. Ellen and a school friend were left to practice their oral report due next week on Africa. Annette ran errands. The three of us made snow angels and then had a snowball fight in the school's wooden fort. Then we followed a trail through the woods and into the neighboring fields. Along the way, we saw tracks from hare and deer. David and I took turns using my camera. He is quite the budding photographer! On the way back from the fields, we went a different route by the neighbor's farm. He was selling cut-your-own Christmas trees, and next to the cash stand, he was serving mugs of hot spiced Gluhwein (Glow Wine). After mugs of hot chocolate back at home, Dan and I loaded ourselves into the car for a quick run to the grocery. I picked up some Lebkuchen (spice cookies) and Stollen (sweet bread). Ellen brought me some Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread) earlier, so I bought some cookies to go with that, too. Then we ran back home and picked up David for a trip to Moebel Kraft. It's a huge store right across the field from the house. It's like 5 stories high, with a restaurant in the top. We looked at all the toys and Christmas ornaments, and then went up to the restaurant for hotdogs. Mmmm. Now the rest of the family and I are crashing while Dan is at his office Christmas party. They are mini-bowling. Have you heard of that?

No comments: