Thursday, December 15, 2005

I'M FINALLY HERE!

I'm in Germany! I arrived happy and healthy. No problems in customs. They stopped the woman in front of me and took her to a separate room to search her bags, but they waved me on. I walked through the doors and into Daniel and Ellen's waiting arms. Dan told me they prayed for an easy arrival.

Yesterday (the 14th) Annette prepared a light supper of BLT’s with fresh veggies and chips. But the real treat was baked by David - his very first cake - a lemon pound cake with drizzled icing. He followed the recipe and made it himself without help! Way to go, Dave!

Their apartment is WAY bigger than I expected it to be, but also very cozy. Because it’s in the upper story of an old school, some of the rooms have slanted ceilings, but most of them are high. It’s filled with great architectural details like wooden ceilings and glass doors. There’s even a cool winding attic stairway hidden behind a door. The building was used as a home for Hitler Youth during the war, but it’s now being used as classrooms and apartments.

The view from their windows is spectacular! The weather is mild but crisp. The forecast predicts snow soon! I’ll keep you posted.

Tonight will be a late night for most of the family, but David will be home from school soon, giving us some nephew/uncle Lego time! I’m staying in today - no adventures on my own until I get my bearings a little better.

Enjoy the pictures! Email or leave a comment if you have questions or feel inspired.

No comments: