Saturday, October 27, 2007

THE WAYBACK MACHINE

Sperry Topsiders have come back to the future. No longer forgotten relics from 1986, these puppies are now cutting edge fashion at the Junior High where I work. I noticed that out of all the kids wearing them in 4th period, a few of them didn't have them tied - leaving the long laces hanging free. I didn't want them tripping, so I called over one of the 6th grade girls and showed her how to make a .noose knot. That's the way everyone in my 6th grade class tied them when I was their age (twenty years ago), so I was surprised that none of the parents had passed down this little trick, now that the style has come full circle. The kids now think the knot is the coolest thing ever and are passing it along to the rest of their classmates. I never dreamed I'd become a 6th grade style setter a second time around.


topsiders, originally uploaded by JordanaA.

No comments: