Tuesday, October 31, 2006

OCT 31


HAPPY HALLOWEEN, originally uploaded by Neato Coolville.

No trick-or-treaters came by tonight. I was a little surprised, since the house is in town. Maybe word got around that we didn't have any good candy. My experience with the whole trick-or-treating thing is limited. Growing up in the country, I think maybe we got a couple of kids one year, and that was it. I only went trick-or-treating once; I was Humpty Dumpty at age 4. My parents would have let me if I'd wanted to, but I wasn't into it. It just never has been my thing. I'm much more a Christmas kind of guy.

That said, I have to say that I love those little corn candies. You know, the white, orange, and yellow ones? Maybe tomorrow I'll go buy a bag half price.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I'm more a Christmas kind of person. Besides, being a Christian, I never really celebrated Halloween.

A lot of Filipino kids are more into trick or treats these days than during my time. The American influence in the Philippines is so strong.

Anonymous said...

Corn cadies??? Never heard of those sweet stuff before. :-)

Patrick said...

Jayred, I think American Halloween traditions started with the early-american Catholics living in the 13 original colonies. I know the demonic roots started with the Druids, and I think that was part of why I never got into it. As a little kid, I just didn't see the appeal in being scared. And I've always preferred baked goods to candy.

Here's a link to a photo of candy corn:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calliope/284903890/