Thursday, August 24, 2006

GRANDE GALACTICA, EXTRA HOT


I love you Mr. Starbucks, originally uploaded by Rude Lovers©.


I happened to catch a rerun of Battlestar Galactica, and I was surprised by how familiar the show seemed. I thought I'd never seen it before, but I must have caught an episode or two as a kid. I'm normally pretty good at remembering TV shows, so it felt kind of eerie seeing one that I'd forgotten. Has that ever happened to you? It's kind of like remembering a dream.

When I saw Lorne Green, I knew his character's name was Ben. (Oddly, he played a guy named Ben on Bonanza, too.) I recognized Dirk Benedict the minute he came on screen, but I didn't remember his character's name. When I heard it, I laughed out loud. Can you believe he was called Lieutenant Starbuck? I wonder if that's where Starbucks Coffee got its name. Maybe the founder was a big sci-fi fan.

Speaking of Starbucks, Pauline sent me one of their gift cards in a greeting card today. ¡Muy romántico! (THANK YOU, PAULINE! I love it!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a simple web search can bring you to.

I figured (on a whim) that I would be random and type in different websites in the searchbar, not really sure if they ever existed or not. That's when I came into contact with Andrew at yomomma.com, and then found your hilarious comment about the people that had thought that he was the host of the yo momma show. Out of curiosity, I click on your website link, and voila! I'm here.

The real stunner is that you are from Mississippi. So am I.

Good to see another literate and understandable blogger from the same state.

Email me at transformednotconformed@yahoo.com if you want to talk.

Love in Christ,
Danni

Patrick said...

Danni,I've found sites just like that - random surfing can lead you to some neat places. I checked out your blog and myspace page - your layout is so different than the rest I've seen! Happy to meet you! I'll go back later and read some of your blog posts.

Anonymous said...

I guess that the only thing I don't like about my myspace layout is the fact that I can't see my friends without manually putting them in, or see my interests. So, I have gone back to the norm.

So much for non-conformist me.

Lol.

Christy said...

I blogged this photo, too!

http://christyhulsey.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/starbucks-prayer/