Saturday, July 22, 2006

OVERHEARD

Last Tuesday, I accompanied my nieces on a field trip to the McWayne center. While we were there, I noticed that a couple of the six-year-olds were fighting. You'll want to know a little of the conflict's background to really appreciate the story. The little girl is the teacher's child. That morning, while her mother wasn't looking, the girl hit the little boy and pushed him out of line. Then she tattled on him to her mother (the teacher) for being out of line, and the teacher scolded him. By lunch, he'd had plenty of time to brood. He sat down across from her and began his revenge:

He: "I'm gonna' kill you as soon as you're away from your mom."

She: "I'll just stay by my mommy, then."

He: "Well, you're a big chicken!"

She: "I am not"

He: "Oh, yes you are. Look at yourself! You're growing a beak!

She: "Shut up!"

He: "Oh, I'm eating chicken nuggets. Sorry about eating your relatives!"

Brings back memories of childhood, doesn't it? Oh, to be young and in love.

No comments: