Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MY LIFE FOR SALE

I'm putting the first lot of books up today on eBay. It's an emotional experience. That "Cowboy" book in this stack was the first educational book I ever bought for my classroom, way back in 2000. But (thankfully) I get to keep the memories and the photographs after the auctions end. AND...even better, I won't have to box up and move these books ever again! It's a bittersweet goodbye, but I can't justify keeping things "just in case I'll need them later" when selling things means greater mobility and financial freedom. (Just a bit of preaching to myself, there). I hope these sell for a lot of cash :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What will you be doing instead of teaching?

Unknown said...

Good question...

I remember looking at those books in the library. Love 'em!

Just a note about layout... I don't like having to click on the links to see a day's post. I prefer multiple posts per page. Easier to read. Just my opinion though...

Patrick said...

@anonymous - I haven't decided yet, and may even end up teaching while going to night class. This is a big decision, so I'm giving myself some time to think & pray about it.

@jc - thanks for the layout suggestion. I wish Blogger would let the viewer chose his own settings as far as # of posts to display! You and I should write them and suggest that!