Friday, February 03, 2006

GOSSIP AND POLITICS

The State of the Union got me thinking about gossip and politics. Here are my thoughts.

Most people from Judeo-Christian backgrounds would probably profess to hating gossip. Even the gossips would admit that it's a vice needing repentance.

But what about Historians? Do they need to repent of their wicked ways? After all, isn't history just plain-ol' gossip about dead people?

And here's a similar thought I heard attributed to Jay Leno that I think bears repeating: Isn't Politics really just Show Business for ugly people?

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Patrick said...

OK, I was reading the Bible this morning and realized that it's full of poeple's dirty laundry. So obviously, I'm oversimplifying the definistion of gossip, leaving out the component of intent.