Saturday, November 12, 2005

"I NEED TO HAVE A GOAL"

Wow. I just read another of Jim's entries in his blog, and again I'm going to copy and paste it here so I can easily reread it a few more times. This quote sounds like a strange hybrid of something I'd say at 20 and how I'm starting to feel at 30:

"It's crazy how right when you think you have life figured out, you end up confused again shortly thereafter (usually worse than before). That's how it's been here lately. I've been going to school for 3-4 months now, but it looks like if I continue according to their plan...I'll just end up some boring businessman - I'd honestly almost rather die. I know that living for that would kill me in the heart. I need to do my own thing. I'm not going to live life everyday doing something that doesn't make a difference...and come on...redesigning sites for some guy's company to make him more profit really doesn't matter...at all...in the slightest bit...What would be my dream job...? If I could pick anything it would be a photographer that does stuff like they do in National Geographic or something. I'd love to travel all over the world, go to remote villages or mountains or jungles and just take pictures. I've been told a couple times I should be a photojournalist... There is a great need for that in the Christian community. Someone to inform people on what is going on. Maybe I could find some way to combine web design, photography and writing. I like doing all three...I need to have a goal...some way to use these three things soon...hmmm..."

No comments: