Sunday, October 02, 2005

COMFORT FOOD?

So, I'm sitting in the wing chair working on pictures on Snapfish when the phone rings, and its Sarah: "We're in the driveway. Throw on some clothes so we can go to dinner at Cracker Barrel." And I seriously dressed so fast I hurt myself. Literally...I smashed my toe, and it bled. Yikes.

But dinner was nice. Nothing like Sunday night breakfast dinner. Mmmm. I've eaten so much while I've been in Birmingham - too many cookies and not enough veggies. I think that comfort food is making me feel less comfortable. While dressing for dinner I realized that I've gained a few pounds since the Hurricane. In that regard, I'm looking forward to being in Ruston where I'll be back on my regular running schudule and back to my normal diet. Goodbye comfort food. Hello being comfortable in my clothing.

So, if you are in a stressful situation, I've got 4 words for you: Don't eat too much.

That's all for tonight. Thank you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep hearing that Cracker Barrel is good food. I have never been to one, 'cause I don't think they exist on the West Coast...

Patrick said...

I agree with what you've heard. Their motto is "where comfort meets food." It's traditional southern cooking alongside an all-day breakfast menu. When I was a kid, TN was the only state that had them - they've expanded across the South. We'd go to TN once a year on vacation, and while we were there Dad would make sure the family had dinner at Cracker Barrel a few times. It's his favorite restaurant, and one of my favorites.

Hey, thanks for the moving advice... =)